Friday, March 30, 2012

52.11- Motherhood is.... Remembering to Take Time for Yourself

Being a mother is a full time job! And being a stay at home mom, is even more full time then one can imagine!

Some days seem never ending.  At times going to the potty is the only few moments you get alone, except for the pounding on the door, lol!  You notice that its noon and you are just getting your shower, or perhaps you have a few extra minutes and you can jump in and run around real quickly before then, but not without once again the pounding on the door, lol.

The shower, the potty and of course of morning cup of coffee, use to be my quiet moments.  Moments that I more than likely took advantage of.  I never realized how special those bits of quiet were or how much they helped my sanity.

But now as a mommy of almost two young boys and I understand the need for making time for myself.  I know that in a few short months even Jackson's nap times are going to be busy with taking care of Benjamin, so I must take the time now to enjoy the quiet moments I have left.

My morning cup of coffee, my evening book and of course any other few moments of quiet I can get will be taken with a new found appreciation.  Because without those moments, I can't be the best mom or wife I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment