Monday, March 26, 2012

52.10- Motherhood is.... Building a Foundation

As a parent there is so much we try to teach our children. We want them to be confident, outgoing, kind, loving, understanding, we want them to respect boundaries and stand on their own.
Lately, I've been really focused on how blessed I am! Maybe it's the time of year and celebrating my anniversary or perhaps it has to do with the distance Matthew and I are experiencing with him working in San Jose. Either way you slice it, I've never felt so blessed!
My blog last week I talked about my amazing husband and sharing this journey with me. My mother-in-law made a beautiful comment that has really stuck with me!
She said... "Beautifully said. Someone once shared with me that the secret to a happy family was to ensure that first and foremost your focus should be your marriage, with God at the center. Your children would feel loved and secure inside that incredible bond, and also learn to have healthy relationships as they grew. Your lovely words personify this message. Jack and Ben are lucky boys."
These words have spoken so strongly to be and I can't help but feel that through the commitment of marriage, Matthew and I really are building the foundation for our boys to have all the hopes and dreams we wish and pray for them!
Living by example and showing our boys the gift of love, faith, commitment and respect.... Those are the stones of foundation we hope to instill in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment