Thursday, April 5, 2012

52.12- Motherhood is.... Praying for Grace

The other day I saw a mommy post on Facebook that she needed patience, (don't we all) and one of the comments from a dear friend of mine, made the suggestion that she pray for grace instead!

At the time I thought what an amazing idea but didn't think much past that moment!

Today, in the middle of many emotional meltdowns (and yes, at times it was both Jackson and I crying) I remember the suggestion of praying for grace!

Grace- elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action.

So today, I prayed for Grace as a mommy! I prayed that my actions showed love, even though I had to be firm. I prayed that the manner in which I handled his tantrums was delivered in a way of strength and not frustration. And finally I prayed that through this entire day of trying moment after trying moment, I showed God's love and grace to my amazing boy!!

I'd like to say that our day got easier as it went on, but that would be a fib! But we did have some wonderful cuddles (while crying... I called it the hug hold), some giggles and silly moments, and at the end of the day those are the moments I need to hold close!!

By Grace I will be the best momma I can be and pray that my boys only remember the silly, loving moments that accompany our rough days!

So today I too will remember the silly moments and instead of posting a picture of Jackson melting down (yes, i actually took one. I know, awful mommy, but it caught me off guard), I'm going to share my favorite silly moment of our day.....

Doing daddy's silly face!

No comments:

Post a Comment