Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Being the Momma

For those of you that know me, know that I've ALWAYS wanted to be a mom.  I use to carry around my babies pretending they were real.  It was rare to see me without one of them attached to my hip.  So needless to say when Matthew and I found out we were pregnant, I was on top of the world!!  My dream was coming true, I was finally going to be a mommy!!

There is so much to being the mommy.  Fears that come to the surface, joys that you never imagined and a love like no other!  I, like so many before me and those to come, wonder if they are doing the right thing, making the right decisions and if they have what it takes to raise this perfect gift from God. What a job!

The things I have learned so far.... I can function on very little sleep, though not a huge fan of this, A smile from my son, cures all insecurities, and being the mommy is the GREATEST gift of all!!

Love looking into his eyes!

My sweet, sweet boy
Talking to each other
Nap Time
Hanging out with my "kids"
A lunch outing

So far I've been a mommy for 3 weeks and 2 days.  Each day it gets a bit easier, I get a bit more sleep and I understand the needs of my son a little more.

Here are a few things I've learned that stand out above the rest..... 
  • Everyday you do the best you can
  • There is NO manual, so follow your instincts
  • Listen to others, but make your own decision
  • Nap when he naps, everything else can wait
  • Nothing is what you thought it would be.... its SO much better

No comments:

Post a Comment