Tuesday, April 24, 2012

52.13- Motherhood is..... Sharing

Teaching your children to share can be tricky! Jackson, like most children his age hasn't yet grasped the idea of sharing. He's in the "mine" phase..... From his shoes, to my phone, everything is "his" (lol).

Like most mommy's I'm doing my best to teach him through words and actions, the meaning of sharing.
But I think the best example comes from kids close to his age.

The other day we began to notice that Jackson seemed frustrated with his toy selection. I reached out to my sister in law in hopes that perhaps she might have some toys that my nephews have out grown. The feedback was wonderful! My (now) six year old nephew, Lucas was on a mission!!
Within a few days we had a box of some of Lucas' favorite toys, that he had outgrown. He sat down with Jackson and showed him how they worked and any tricks he may know.

Watching them I saw the true example of sharing! Now, in part due to my hard work but probably more of Lucas' example, Jackson asks me to sit with him and we play together!

It really is amazing the things our children learn from each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment