Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Smeck Family Christmas

As far back as I can remember, my dad's side of the family has always celebrated Christmas Eve together.  It was always at my Grandparents house and no one ever missed it.  There were WAY too many presents, Prime Rib was ALWAYS the main dish and Santa NEVER missed swinging by to bring us a few presents early!

Even at 31, I look forward to those traditions!!  As our family has grown, we can no longer do this celebration on actual Christmas Eve, so now its the Saturday before Christmas.  But nothing else has really changed.... too many presents, check.... yummy Prime Rib, check..... and of course the main event, Santa!

Its a bit more overwhelming now that I'm the proud momma of 2.5 month old, but the feelings were still there!  This year was Jackson's first year joining in the honored Smeck Family Tradition and I think he did pretty well.

My Cousin, Monica. My Grandmother Nancy, Jackson and I

Jackson Getting his 1st Gift from Santa

Momma and Jackson w/ Santa.

No tears!!

Poppa Bubs w/Jackson and Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment