Friday, December 10, 2010

Our Trip to Disneyland had

Welcome to Disneyland
Another thing we shared as a family last month, was a wonderful trip to Disneyland.  Matthew's parents decided to do things a bit differently for Christmas this year.  So instead of Christmas presents they took us (and by us I mean.... Matthew, Jackson and I.  Matthew's sister's family... Dani, Omar, Gabe, Lucas and Evan) to Disneyland for a few days.  Talk about FUN!!!!

The Whole Gang
Let's see, we had 6 adults, 4 boys, a wheelchair, 2 strollers, 2 of these boys in diapers and of course bags galore!!  We were a force to be reckoned with!!  We had such a GREAT time.

Matthew's family LOVES Disneyland and they try to go every few years.  So they know all of the rides and their way around the park.  Heck, I think even Lucas had a list of which rides he wanted to go on.  As for me, it might as well have been my first trip.  I was completely lost and totally in Mickey Heaven.  The last time I went to Disneyland I was 18, but I was sick the whole time and the time before that I was 11.  So really this was my first trip in 20 years!  And it was so worth the wait!!
My Sleeping Little Man

Jackson did great all the way through.  He actually slept most of the trip, which was amazing.  Every weekend night the park let's off fireworks, which is beautiful as long as your not standing in the middle of Main Street with every other visitor.  We actually found this to be a prime time to hit the rides and go on as many as we possibly could.  While I was waiting for Matthew and his parents to finish a ride, the fireworks were booming overhead and Jackson just slept through them all.  CRAZY!!

There was SO much to see from Disneyland, to Downtown Disney to California Adventures, but I would have to say my favorite part was our last night there.  Matthew's parents decided to take all 4 boys  for a few hours and allow us BIG kids to go to the park.  Talk about FUN!!  Dani, Omar, Matthew and I went on all of the rides we wanted without hesitation.  And I must admit, they even talked me into a few rides I wasn't looking forward to going on.  But the best moment of the night..... We were on Pirates of the Carribean and I decided I wanted to go on Soaring over California.  We had 30 minutes to get off the ride, get through the park, get to the other park and get in line.  But the really important piece of this story is that the fireworks had just ended so Disneyland is FULL of people and strollers!!  So we go taking off out of Pirates and start running (and for those of you that know Matthew, know he CANT run).  Dani takes off in the lead and we are all following her, she then hits a wall of people, so Matthew takes off in the lead, then he hits a wall of people.  So I take off in the lead.  Before you know it Dani and I are racing each other, we've lost our husbands and we are jumping over strollers, peoples feet and running down the center of Main Street.  By the time we get to the front gate (Dani beat me there. To be honest, she had on running shoes and I hadn't feed Jackson in a few hours so I'm very full, LOL.) we are laughing SO hard and we can't find the guys.  They call us from in front of California Adventures and needless to say, we make it to Soaring over California in time and are still laughing about it to this day!!

Here are some pics of our fantastic trip!!  What an amazing Christmas Present!!
Momma & Poppa Holmes
Jackson Taking it all In
Dani, Omar, Evan & Lucas
Dani and her boys
Omar & Lucas 

Evan's teething

Matthew & I
Momma & her girls

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! I can totally picture the commotion and the race!!!

    ReplyDelete