Wednesday, January 26, 2011

4 Months Old Today


4 Months Old (January 2011)
Wow, were did the time go??!!??  I can't believe that exactly 4 months ago today Jackson was born!

Sept. 26, 2010
Some friends of ours just had their first child less than a week ago and I've been thinking a lot about those first couple of days, nights and weeks of Jackson's life.  SO much has changed.  Matthew and I were just talking about that first night alone.... I remember Momma and Papa Holmes being here at the house when Matthew and I brought Jackson home.  They had everything ready for us, including dinner (I really do have the BEST in-laws!!!).  After visiting for a little while they said they were going to leave us and let us get settled.  It was in that very moment that I realized I was a momma!  Holy Cow!!  You're going to leave me with this child, this precious little being??  Talk about scared out of my mind.  How was I going to do this??  But we did and have been for 4 months.  And now that first night seems so long ago and I can't remember life before Jackson.

Jackson once was this little bitty peanut (okay, maybe not little bitty, he was 7lbs 10oz, but you get it....) with no neck control, no real sounds or expressions and he slept all of the time.  Now he's this strong, talkative (wonder were he gets that, LOL), expressive little guy, who looks more and more like a little boy!  He's got a little personality and is really becoming quite independent!

Trying to crawl.... Oh Boy!
Such neck control... time for the big boy toys
Playing on the laptop

What a joy its been to watch him grow these past 4 months!!  I am so incredibly lucky to not only be his momma, but to be with him each and every day to watch him make this steps!  I know I say this a ton, but its so true.... I am SO blessed to be his momma and he truly is the JOY of my life!!  I always knew that being a mom would be a joy, but I never knew it would fill me up this much.  This is what I was meant to do!

Loving on his momma

No comments:

Post a Comment