Friday, February 17, 2012

Project 52.5- Motherhood is...... Picking your Battles

Im beginning to truly understand Jackson's need, drive, God-given DNA (all of the above) to be independent!! He so wants to do his own thing, his own way. And as you all know, the control-freak, perfectionist in me, struggles with this. "I know better"I want to scream, "listen to me".
However, my strong-willed, independent little boy doesn't listen and he keeps on his merry way!
The other day, while the rain came down, I was feeling a bit like the weather and not much like myself! It was a perfect day for Jackson to strut his own agenda and for me to decide which battles to pick! To say he won is an understatement!! We both did that day! I gave in a bit and he rewarded me with more love, hugs, kisses and cuddles!
By picking my battles with him I realized less stress and more fun! Funny how my (almost) 17 month old continues to teach me about being a mommy!!
Must do it ALL by himself

No comments:

Post a Comment