Friday, April 8, 2011

He's 6 months already??

Our little family
Wow, I'm REALLY behind on this Blog!  For all of my out of town family members who rely on this to keep in touch and to watch Jackson grow I'm SO very sorry.

Life here at the Holmes home has been very busy, to say the least.  Where to start......

Here are a few fun new facts about Jackson:

  • He LOVES eating solid foods!!  Anything with fruit or veggies happen to be his favorite
  • He just finished cutting his 3rd tooth.  All three are on the bottom (picture a Bulldog, LOL)
  • He has learned the art of scooting.  He LOVES scooting on his tummy and manages to cover much ground doing so.
  • After a few painful nights (for both of us) he now sleeps through the night, until about 630 or 7.
  • He loves to grab things... So wearing glasses is proving to be a bit of a challenge (LOL).
  • He LOVES taking baths.  The other day he held his breath and kept his eyes open as he put his face in the water.  I think we might have a swimmer on our hands.
  • Bath time fun
  • He is a TOTAL ham and just adores having his picture taken.
  • His new favorite thing to do..... Is to growl.  He straightens his arms in front of him and goes... Grrrrrr. Thank you daddy. :0)  It might be my favorite thing he does these days.


On the 1st of April we took Jackson to his 6 month well check up.  He's now 18 pounds, 8 ounces and 27.5 inches long.  He is in the 95th percentile for his length.  What does that look like?? Lets put it this way, he is longer than my torsos.  Matthew keeps teasing me that Jackson will be taller than I am by the time he is 10!  Heaven help me.

LOVE my snuggle time!!
What else is new.... Matthew and I decided that it would be best for me to stay home with Jackson instead of going back to work.  So in the middle of March I started watching another little boy to help make up the difference in pay.  The first few days proved to be a bit of a challenge, but now, a month later, Jackson and I have completely adjusted to it and we are loving the addition in our home.  I just love watching Jackson light up when he sees baby Jacob.  He's just not sure why he doesn't play yet (Jacob just turned 3 months).


SO serious
Such a big boy drinking out of daddy's glass
What??

All Clean 

Kisses for sister Jayda

Life is fun, crazy, a bit challenging, but overall I wouldn't have it any other way!!
Pinching.... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment